Last week someone (Matthew Thomas) over at Team DAWS, the charity dedicated to ridding the planet of the horrible genetic disease known as Spinal Muscular Atrophy or SMA for short, came up with the crazy idea of challenging myself and a friend of mine (Mitch Brannen) to a little fundraiser for DAWS to raise some cash for a good cause.
This is a very simple event.
Assuming a certain threshold of fundraising is met Mitch and I will dress up and run as Anna and Elsa (From Frozen…but you knew that) during the Walt Disney World Marathon weekend if people donated money.
After the fundraising goals are met, we will be dressed in full costumes that are being designed including a matching tutu or skirt. But who could forget complimenting makeup and a full wig to ensure authenticity…jeesh.
Donate money today and see us run around Walt Disney World in full regalia. You never know what surprises may be in store.
What are the minimum donations for the two of us to run?
- At the $500 total donation level, we will run the 5K in full costume.
- At the $700 total donation level, we will run the 10K in full costume.
- At the $1000 total donation level, we will run the Half Marathon in full costume.
When does the race take place?
- Walt Disney World Marathon weekend is January 8-11, 2015
How do you know we ran in costume?”
- Pictures will be taken along the way and posts on all of our social media including a Go-Pro video of the race!
Do you get a tax receipt?
- Yes, 100% of your donation will be tax deductible and a receipt will come from DAWS.
Upping the Ante: …but wait, there’s more…
If we raise $2000 in total donations, I have reluctantly agreed to shave my legs for the event…how do I get myself into these things? I keep remembering it’s all for a good cause.
Something for YOU the donor!
For every $25 you donate, you will be entered into a drawing for a free pair of new running shoes. Donations must be made by November 30, 2014. The drawing will be held on December 1, 2014. Emails will be sent out to receive information on Brand, Style, Size, and Shipping Address. Brooks, Asics, Nike, Saucony, and New Balance are all available.
I didn’t realize training for Dopey would make me so…well, you know. Uh, happy to help out a good cause!